General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a new set of privacy rules that apply to all businesses that are inside or deal with citizens of the European Union (EU).
This is the full text of the GDPR.
This content is only for informational purposes and should not be relied on as legal advice. This help page is commentary on the GDPR as Boutiq interprets it as of July 1, 2020. We encourage you to work with a legally qualified professional to ensure your business complies with GDPR.
What do Boutiq customers need to do if they have EU customers or are based in the EU?
1. Read through the GDPR and document how you will collect and manage your customer data.
3. Make any necessary process changes to comply with these new laws.
Things we’re doing:
- We don't sell visitor data to any 3rd parties
- We consider all customer data belongs to our customer, not us
Features completed as of July 1, 2020:
- Delete Customer (or Visitor) Contact — we provide a way to completely delete all contact data (including names and emails) from our database.
- Delete Shop and All Users, Customer (or Visitor) Contacts and Cancel Account — we provide a way to delete all of a shop's users and visitor contacts from our database.
- View Stored Customer Data - we provide a way to view all stored customer (or visitor) data for a specific customer in our database.
- Shopify Webhooks - we implemented Shopify’s webhooks requirements (see details here)