Boutiq brings online stores to LIFE with Personal Video Shopping.
Boutiq empowers retailers to better engage, serve, and convert their customers online by providing a personal white-glove service, resulting in higher conversion, AOV and LTV, fewer returns, and higher brand value and customer satisfaction.
Boutiq is not just a Zoom-like video call or yet another chat/messaging service for retailers’ websites. It’s a magical video-based shopping experience platform.
Seamlessly (and effortlessly) integrated into the retailer website with flexible scheduling and/or ad-hoc video call launch, Boutiq launches a slick-looking video call floating window on top of the retailer website.
On the sales-associate / host-side, a complete customer profile is presented with key metrics, purchase history, browsing history, and personalized recommendations.
An interactive showroom empowers the sales associates to guide the customer through the shopping experience including assisted shopping-cart and checkout (like in the physical store!) and even virtual try-on and social shopping with friends.
After the call, a comprehensive set of sales intelligence tools takes care of automatic actions such as post-call emails and follow-up scheduling as well as transcripts and analytics for training and sales efficiency measurement and optimization.
Boutiq is a Shopify app and follows the standard Shopify app installation process:
- From the Boutiq app listing click “Add app”
- Follow the instructions and accept the terms
- Add Boutiq to your online store (so clients can start video-calling you)
- Invite hosts (so your sales associates can answer the video-calls)
- Start your 14-day free trial
- Bring your online store to LIFE!
You can let clients start or schedule a Boutiq call in various ways - based on your store design and branding as well as your engagement preferences. (hint: you can choose more than one)
- Widget - you can install the Boutiq app as a floating widget on top of all of your store pages.
- Landing page - you can add a personal video shopping landing page to your online store.
- Buttons and custom code - you can install the Boutiq app as any type of element (e.g. button, link, …) anywhere on your store using custom code or visual page editors.
- Campaigns - you can add pop-up promotions for virtual shopping experiences to your store
- Invitations, Emails, and Social Media - you can add Boutiq links to invitations, emails, social media posts, and ad campaigns.
Yes. In the Boutiq Admin UI under Settings go to Online Store Settings and select Widget settings. There you can customize the appearance of the widget:
- Set the widget color
- Edit the helper text.
- Change it’s position (you can drag and drop it in the active area in one of the four screen corners)
- Determine whether to use host avatars as the widget image (and in that case also control whether to use a standard or large size)
(You’ll be able to preview how it looks at the bottom-right corner of the page.)
In addition, you can also set specific display rules for the widget - whether to show it on all pages, just product pages, or specific pages based on URL.
Under the Advanced menu you can also control the widget automatic behavior (e.g. when and how the helper text expands).
You can use campaigns to increase engagement and promote virtual shopping experiences to your store's visitors.
You can create unique campaigns - each with a customized appearance, messaging, trigger conditions and action. For each campaign, you can configure the triggers based on the URL, time spent on the page, and/or whether the store is within business hours.
The campaign will pop-up proactively based on your triggers and will encourage your store visitor to start a call and/or schedule one.
Yes. In the Boutiq Admin UI under Settings go to Client App. There you can select the accent color, add your logo, and also choose whether the corner style is sharp or round to better fit your storefront styling.
You can also customize the welcome screen by choosing a background, uploading a logo, editing the copy/text, and showing host profile pictures.
If you require additional styling changes please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many of your clients likely have not experienced a Boutiq call before and they likely don’t know what to expect. Uploading a short video-clip (Boutiq story) is an opportunity to (1) welcome them to your store, and (2) educate them on what to expect on the video call.
For the best fit, we recommend:
- A short video (anywhere from 10-15 seconds up to 20-30 seconds)
- taken in portrait mode (using a phone works great)
- Messaging/copy that combines personal welcome and short introduction to the service
After you upload the video, we will automatically process it to fit the screen and device.
Yes. From the Boutiq Admin under Settings-->Online store integration, you can add a Personal Video Shopping landing page to your online store.
You can then customize the page using the Shopify Page Editor. The default landing page includes: (1) a screenshot image of the app, (2) a welcome copy using your live theme, and (3) a button to launch the Boutiq app.
To edit the button itself (text and color), you can edit the template: from the Shopify Admin go to Themes and start customizing your live theme. From the drop-down menu at the top select Pages and then select the boutiqapp template. You can then edit the Boutiq CTA: action (appointment-only or also instant calls), text, colors, and alignment.
Lastly, you can also add the landing page to your store navigation menu to increase visibility and engagement.
(Note that his feature is not currently available for Shopify Online Store 2.0 stores)
You can deploy Boutiq in one of two availability modes - depending on what fits your operational needs (e.g. hosts availability and other host responsibilities) better:
- Accept both instant calls and scheduling appointments - in this (default) mode clients can choose either to start a video call on the spot or to schedule an appointment for a later time/day
- By appointment only - in this mode clients can schedule a virtual personal shopping experience with one of your hosts for a later time but they cannot just start a video call on the spot.
You can set the availability mode in the Boutiq Admin UI: under Settings go to Call policy settings.
Yes. In the Boutiq Admin UI under Calendar go to Business Hours. There you can configure your business days and hours.
- During business hours clients can start video calls to your available hosts by clicking the Boutiq element (e.g. widget)
- During non-business hours, the Boutiq element on your store will redirect clients to leaving a message or scheduling a call
- Regardless of business hours settings, hosts can invite clients to personal calls at any time.
Yes. In the Boutiq Admin UI under Calendar click Advanced. There you can set:
- How long will appointment slots be when presented to your clients when they schedule an appointment (note that in practice you can continue the call beyond the scheduled slot - the call will not disconnect by itself).
- How close to an appointment slot can clients book with you - preventing last minute appointments (minimum scheduling notice)
- How much padding to leave between appointments so clients won’t be able to schedule appointments one right after the other.
- How many days out your clients can schedule an appointment to (one to fourteen days).
Yes. In the Boutiq Admin under Settings→Client app→Client form, you can create a pre-call questionnaire that will be shown to your clients when they schedule appointments.
Question/field-types can include: title, text, phone, email, select, choice, multi-choice, and checkbox. You can set each question to be mandatory or optional.
Before the appointment, the assigned host can view the responses to the questionnaire in the Boutiq host webapp by clicking and expanding the appointment tile.
(Alternatively, you can include a link to an external questionnaire/form (e.g. Google Form) when you customize the email notifications. You can also include a link to an external questionnaire/form in the confirmation message the client sees on the screen after confirming an appointment. External forms cannot be viewed in the Boutiq host webapp.)
Yes. Sometimes, you might want to have customers choose from different event types when they schedule an appointment (e.g. virtual fitting/styling appointment vs an exchange).
When you create event types, your customers will be able to choose between them when they schedule a new appointment, and you’ll be able to view your analytics based on event type.
In the Boutiq Admin under Calendar select Event Types (at the top) and create a new event. For each event you can set its name and description (they will be visible to your customers when they schedule an appointment). You can also set a color that will make it easier to understand which events are scheduled on the Admin Calendar.
Yes. In the Boutiq Admin UI under Settings go to Notifications. There you can control:
- Whether email notifications are sent to your clients when they schedule appointments, hosts reschedule appointments, and so on.
- Reply-to email
- Customize the emails styling (logo, accent color)
- Add additional custom message to email confirmations (e.g. link to pre-call questionnaire, pre-call instructions, and/or any other store-specific message)
Yes. Boutiq supports more than one Shopping Cart and Checkout options. By default, when a client clicks “Checkout” from the Boutiq app, the standard Shopify checkout page is opened and they can complete the checkout process there.
In some cases, you might want to use a different target checkout page. For example, if you use a non-Shopify checkout process (e.g. Global-e) or if your Shopping Cart has some custom options (e.g. in-store pickup via apps such as Zapiet).
From the Boutiq Admin UI under Settings, go to Client App and then Advanced client settings. There you can choose to set the checkout target page to be either your Cart or a custom page.
Yes. Currently, in addition to English, we also support French, German, Italian, and Spanish.
More to come… please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Yes. In the Boutiq Admin UI under Settings go to Service terminology. There you can change the following terms:
- Service name (e.g. “You have scheduled a virtual personal shopping experience with [STORE NAME]”)
- Host name (e.g. “Your hosts can add products they recommend”)
During the Boutiq app installation process you will add Boutiq to your online store (so clients can start video-calling you) and invite hosts (so your sales associates can answer the video-calls). At that point, your store is ready to receive video calls.
When a client browses through your online store, she can start a call by clicking the Boutiq widget/button that you installed. That call will be received by the hosts (your sales associate) if they are available and the call will start immediately.
Of-course you can also schedule and communicate with your clients separately and start the Boutiq video call not through the online store.
We recommend going through our testing guide to make sure everything works as expected.
You don’t need to do anything special. After you install the Boutiq app on your online store, we can access the products you have in your store and make them available to both the host and the client during their video call.
We recommend going through our testing guide to make sure everything works as expected.
You don’t need to do anything special. After you install the Boutiq app on your online store, we can access the clients you have in your database and make them and their information available to the host during the video call.
The host will see the client profile based on either:
- Automatically if the client was logged in to your online store
- Automatically if the client entered her name / email address when starting the call and that information matched an existing client account
- Manually by searching for the client after the call started
We recommend going through our testing guide to make sure everything works as expected.
For the best experience we recommend using the biggest screen that is convenient - typically a laptop/desktop or a tablet.
For Hosts, an iPad app is available on the Apple app-store (the browser version on the iPad is supported only when the screen is on) and the Boutiq iPhone app is in beta.
In the current version, for Hosts, mobile phones are not supported via a browser.
You can read about the tradeoffs between all the host options on our blog.
For Clients, mobile phones are also supported. (But in-app browsers are not supported - other than for scheduling appointments).
Yes. Each store is a separate Shopify app install.
You can use the same Boutiq user account to admin more than one store (tip: on the Admin creation step, choose “Already have an account” when you go through the onboarding).
As an Admin, when you go through your Shopify shop admin console, you will automatically be redirected to the correct Admin UI for Boutiq
Boutiq can be installed on development stores only if you have a payment method associated with your dev store. Currently we offer a 14 day free trial but no special subscriptions for dev stores.
From your Shopify admin UI, go to Apps and then Delete the Boutiq App.
If you do choose to delete Boutiq, we would greatly appreciate if you send us an email with feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always striving to do better.
Hosts are your sales associates that answer your clients calls.
In the Boutiq app admin UI go to Settings and then under Hosts you can:
- Invite additional hosts (up to your plan’s limit)
- Delete existing hosts
- See the status of your pending host invitations
Yes. As a host you can be invited to multiple stores using the same email address.
You can toggle between your stores on the top-left of the Host Homepage screen (where your store name is).
When a video-call comes in, hosts will see a notification on the screen (when logging in to the Boutiq Host App make sure to allow push notifications). They can just click on the notification to accept the call and the video-call will start.
It depends on the Call Policy setting. By default, an incoming instant call goes to all available hosts and the first one to answer will receive it.
You can change the Call Policy to “Single host” - in this case, incoming instant calls will rotate across all available hosts - one host at a time.
If you prefer to designate a group of Hosts to be available for instant calls, you can set the Call Routing Policy to “Custom availability” - in that case, when an instant video call comes in, all hosts with configured custom availability for instant calls at the time of the call will be notified.
You can set the Host's availability for instant calls individually under the Host’s calendar settings page.
Regardless of the Call Policy setting, calls that are made by appointment (or by invitation using a Host Call Link) will be routed only to the Host that accepted the pending appointment request (or the host that created the invitation).
By default, each host inherits her schedule from the store’s business hours - that means she is presumed to be available for appointments during these business hours.
This setting can be changed either by:
- the host herself - in the Boutiq host app click the avatar on the top-right and then Settings → Manage Availability. Then toggle the Custom availability switch and set the schedule as desired. Or
- by the Admin - in the Boutiq Admin go to Calendar and then Host Settings at the top. Under Host scheduling availability click ‘Change’ next to each host to set their schedule - you’ll be able to set the availability to none, default, or custom.
Yes. From the Host homepage, the host can do the following:
- Click the “Invite a Client” button
- Search or enter the client name
- Enter the client email (if the client name was found in your client list, the email will automatically be populated)
- Click “Create Link”
A unique link will be created for the specific client and the host can copy that link into an email and send it to the client.
When the client receives the link, she can click on it and start a video call.
(Invite links can be used more than once and they are valid for 7 days.)
Yes. Each host can set her/his own availability hours on the Host Admin UI (click the host name to expand the menu options).
By default, each host availability is determined by the store business hours (configured in the Admin UI). However, each host can override these settings and set personal availability hours.
These settings will also impact the availability slots clients see when they try to schedule an appointment with the store. For a specific time-slot to be available it needs to be within at least one host’s available hours.
When hosts accept appointments, that will also be reflected in the remaining available time-slots for new appointments. If all available hosts are already committed to appointments in a given time-slot, that time-slot will not be available for additional appointments.
In addition, if the Admin has set the Call Routing Policy to “Custom Availability”, each Host can also set their availability for instant calls by adding time slots and choosing ‘Instant Calls’ from the ‘Host Availability’ drop-down menu.
From the Host homepage, click Settings (top-right) and then ‘Profile Details’. There you’ll have the option to update your profile picture. You can also update your bio (a short description about yourself) at the same place.
Your (and other hosts’) profile picture and bio will be presented to clients when they open the Boutiq app.
Boutiq includes a comprehensive dashboard that allows you to monitor your hosts performance. For each host you can track call stats (e.g. number of calls, average call time), sales stats (e.g. sales, AOV, conversion rate) and use more advanced sales intelligence tools (e.g. air-time split).
Hosts can answer calls from home, one of your physical stores, your HQ, or anywhere else they can be productive. All they need is a device and good network connectivity for a video call.
Yes. From the Admin UI go to Calendar → Host Settings and then click Manage host selection. There you’ll be able to enable Host selection and set which hosts to display as options for your clients. You’ll also be able to preview your client experience and review all hosts profile photos/avatars and bios.
When Host selection is enabled, your clients will have the option to choose a host before they start a call or schedule an appointment. The host profile photo and bio will allow them to select their preferred choice for a host based on background, expertise, gender, location, and so on.
By default, a new appointment request from a client is pending until one of the hosts assigns it to herself. (All hosts will get notified about the pending appointment)
However, from a workflow perspective, you might choose to:
(1) let clients select which host they’d like to talk to (based on location, language or expertise for example) - in that case, the appointment will automatically be assigned to the selected host. (you can set Host Selection under Calendar → Host Settings → Host Selection)
(2) auto-assign new appointments among your hosts - Boutiq can auto-assign appointments based on two methods (under Calendar → Host Settings → Host auto-assignment):
- Load Balancing: appointments are auto-assigned to the available host with the fewest upcoming appointments
- Round Robin: appointments are auto-assigned to the available host assigned least recently
In the Boutiq Admin under Calendar, click ‘New’ and select ‘Block off host’. Then select the Host and fill the reason for the block-off.
Hosts can also block off their schedule from the Host webapp.
This feature is useful when you like to set aside some time on the Host schedule for other activities (e.g. lunch break, special projects, …)
Yes. The first Administrator can invite additional users to be Admins.
In the Boutiq Admin go to Settings you can:
- Invite a new Host and make her an Admin, or
- Click Manage users and add Admins there
- Install/uninstall the Boutiq app
- View the Boutiq dashboard
- Invite and manage hosts
- Customize how Boutiq is added to your online store (widget, styling)
- Manage the calendar and configure business hours and appointment settings
- Manage and customize (email) notifications
- Manage integrations
- Manage app terminology
- Select subscription plan
Yes, admins can also be hosts and answer video calls. In fact, when admins first install the Boutiq app, we automatically add them as hosts.
Yes, you can invite new Admins to be either Full Admins (with access to all Admin options) or Calendar Admins (with access to only the Calendar).
For each client, the host can see a complete profile based on the information in her Shopify account:
- Key metrics: total spend, average and max baskets
- Attributes: last purchase date, sizes, credit, total refunds, and general notes
- Purchase history
- Browsing history
- Personalized recommendations
You can also customize what attributes to display in the Admin UI under Host Experience
On the Host screen, make sure the toggle in the top-right is on CLIENTS mode and then search for your client profile. Boutiq will then search for that client in your Shopify client database.
On the Host screen, make sure the toggle in the top-right is on STORE mode and then search for the product/item you’re looking for. Boutiq will then search for that item in your Shopify product database.
Yes, the Boutiq product search will go through all your Shopify tags. There are a couple of ways to leverage this option:
- Collections - on the Shopify Admin, you can create tags and assign them to products to indicate collections (e.g. “Summer 2021”)
- Lookbooks - you can also tag products for a specific client to create a lookbook (e.g. “Made for Jane”). You can do that after doing some research on the client before the scheduled call by reviewing her pre-call questionnaire and/or maybe her social media feeds.
The interactive showroom is where the host and the client can share and review together products (“how about this?”) and add them to the shopping cart if the client likes them. Same as they would do in a physical store.
For example: a host can search for an item she thinks the client would like, add that item to the interactive showroom and that item will instantly appear in the showroom of the client. Then the client can click the item to inspect it in detail, choose variants, and so on.
After you shared a product in the interactive showroom, you will be able to see whether your client is looking at the Showroom or Shopping Cart, and which product/image she is actually looking at - it will be marked with a green frame.
At any point, if you want to “take control” and show her a specific image or product beyond just sharing it in the Showroom, you can click on that product and then start “Presentation Mode”.
During the Boutiq video-call interaction, a product might follow the following steps:
- Showroom (“look at this”) - both the client and the host can add products/items to the interactive Showroom so they can both review and discuss them together
- Shopping Cart (“I like it”) - when the client likes an item she can add it to the shopping cart (same as on your online store). At this point, she also has to choose variants (e.g. size, color) if relevant.
- Checkout (“I want it”) - when she’s ready to complete the purchase, the client can click the checkout button and follow your standard Shopify-based checkout process in a new tab (Boutiq does not take and process payments directly from your clients - they will be using your standard Shopify checkout.)
Like any Shopify-based Shopping Cart, the client can view all items, choose/change variants (e.g. color, size), and add/remove items.
Like any purchase on your online store, if an item has variants (e.g. color, size, …), they will be available for the client to choose when they add it to the showroom/shopping cart. By clicking on the item all the relevant information will be displayed including potential variant choices.
When the client is ready to check-out, she can view the cart, edit any of the items as needed, and continue to checkout similar to any purchase on your online store.
When the client clicks the checkout button, a new tab opens with the standard Shopify-based checkout experience. (Boutiq does not take and process payments directly from your clients - they will be using your standard Shopify checkout.)
When she’s done with the checkout process, the client can go back to the video-call tab - the video-call will still be available.
Yes. When the client completes the checkout process during a video-call, the host is automatically notified (and congratulated). The host can not see the checkout screen of the client and/or the credit-card/payment information.
If the client started the checkout process by clicking the Checkout button, all items in the shopping cart will be saved in your online store shopping cart after the video-call so the client can complete the checkout process after the call if she desires.
If the client did not start the checkout process currently the items in the Boutiq shopping cart are not automatically saved into your store shopping cart after the call.
If the client wants to wait with the checkout, the host can guide her to start the checkout process and not complete it so the items will be saved for later.
Items in the Showroom (but not in the Shopping Cart) are not saved after the video-call.
Yes. Many times during a sales call you would want to offer a special discount to your clients. The host can do that by applying a discount code to the client cart by clicking a button and entering the promo code in the Boutiq app.
Like any other discount codes there are some rules enforced by Shopify:
- These discounts need to be first created in the Shopify Admin console (Boutiq will check if a discount exists, active, and not expired before applying it)
- The discount code will apply only when the client checks-out from the Boutiq app and is applied to the cart only during checkout - the client will see the code and actual discount in the shop checkout screen.
- All the usual Shopify rules for discount still apply - for example: you cannot have an automatic discount at the same time as a discount code.
Yes, a host can share her/his screen with the client on the video call. You can do that using the share-screen button (next to the mute/video control).
However, always be aware that the host screen might include some personal and/or confidential information so make sure to use it with discretion.
Yes. (Desktop-only on supported browsers.)
The Boutiq chat was designed to address a couple of common use cases: (1) a graceful way to start a video call starting with chat-based conversation (“let’s hop on a video call”), and (2) merchants’ need for a simple chat service to address simple questions.
Some of our customers have an existing and separate chat service/widget and choose to continue and use it. These services tend to have a complete set of chat-related features and are optimized for transactional questions such as order status and returns.
In these cases, you can choose to disable the chat feature in the Boutiq Admin UI.
When a client starts a new chat session, all hosts will receive a notification and see the new session as Pending. The first to respond, can claim the chat session and at that point it becomes Active for the host that accepted it.
Yes. Simply click the video-call button.
Chat will be available when at least one Host is within her availability hours (set on the Boutiq Host Settings). If a client tries to start a chat session outside of these hours, she will be redirected to leave you a message.
Boutiq subscription packages vary based on the number of hosts allowed and monthly video hours.
When you start you have a 14-day free trial that includes up to five hosts and fifty monthly video hours. When you’re ready you can choose one of the three plans available:
- LITE: up to 2 hosts and 20 monthly video hours
- PRO: up to 10 hosts and 100 monthly video hours
- ADVANCED: up to 40 hosts and 400 monthly video hours
If you want to use more monthly video hours than your current package limit you can do one of the following:
- Upgrade to the next tier
- Continue using the current plan and pay for extra hours on a per-hour basis (see details here)
You can always change your subscription plan based on your needs - in the Boutiq Admin UI under Settings go to the Subscription and Fees section and click “Manage subscription”.
For more information see our pricing page.
Yes. You can always change your subscription plan based on your needs - in the Boutiq Admin UI under Settings go to the Subscription and Fees section and click “Manage subscription”.
When the client clicks the checkout button during the Boutiq video call, we mark the order created by Shopify with a Boutiq tag. This way we can track and report the items that were purchased via the Boutiq platform. (You can also filter and see all the orders marked with the “BoutiqApp” tag in your Shopify Admin UI.)
The sales-based fee is calculated by multiplying:
- Your plan rate, and
- The total amount of sales through the Boutiq app
For example: if you’re on the LITE plan, your rate is 3.00%. If your clients purchased items at a total of $10,000 during the month, your monthly sales fees will be $300 (3% out of $10,000).
Each subscription plan comes with a package of monthly video hours (e.g. the LITE plan includes 20 monthly video hours). If you exceed the monthly video hours in your plan, you will be charged on a per-hour basis according to your plan rate (e.g. the rate for the LITE plan is $3.00 per extra-hour, or part thereof).
For example: if you’re on the LITE plan and you used 21.5 hours during the month:
- 20 hours are included in your plan (no additional fees)
- 1.5 hours are “extra” and you will be charged for 2 hours at $3.00 per hour: $6.00.
You can track the monthly video hours on the Boutiq admin UI: go to the Subscription and Fees section under Settings and click Manage Subscription. There you can see the number of video hours used in the current month.
You can see the number of hosts on the Boutiq admin UI: go to the Hosts section under Settings. There you can see the number and list of current hosts as well as manage them.
Note that hosts that were invited but have not accepted the invitation yet still count as hosts. You can always cancel the invitation and delete them.
The Boutiq dashboard is in the Admin UI. From the Shopify admin UI for your store go to Apps and then choose Boutiq.
Boutiq admins can view the Boutiq Dashboard.
Hosts can see a subset of the information that is relevant for them on the Boutiq Host App.
There are generally three types of metrics available on the Boutiq dashboard:
- Call metrics (e.g. number of calls, duration of calls, …)
- Sales metrics (e.g. total sales, number of orders, AOV, conversion rate, …)
- Advanced sales intelligence tools (e.g. Air-time analysis)
Yes. you can choose to filter the data presented based on:
- Date range
- Host(s) and Teams
- Event types
On the admin navigation bar under Call History you can generate a report detailing the entire call history for your store including information on missed calls, which sales associates hosted calls, and whether a call resulted in a checkout (and for what amount).
You can use this information to follow up with your clients (whether their call was completed or missed) and to compensate your sales associates if they are on performance-based commission.
Yes, you can filter the dashboard data based on Host and also compare between Hosts.
You can also do that based on Teams.
You can set your Google Analytics account and/or Facebook Pixel in the Boutiq Admin (under Integrations). Boutiq Will report the following events to your Google Analytics property and/or your Facebook Pixel:
- Client app opened
- Video call started
- Video call scheduled
- Items added to cart
- Checkout started
- Campaign viewed and clicked
In the Boutiq Admin under Calendar → Reports, you can find appointment statistics including how many appointments were completed or canceled. For a detailed analysis, you can filter the information based on dates, hosts, and event type.
When your clients use the Boutiq app to start a checkout, we mark these transactions with a tag. When the checkout is complete and paid you are billed based on your plan for a percentage of the sale (e.g. 3.00% of sales for the LITE plan). Then on a monthly basis, Shopify collects the sales-based fees.
No. We only charge sales-based fees when we help you selling! We do not charge sales-based fees for sales that happened through your storefront and are unrelated to Boutiq video calls.
Like Shopify and your credit card company, in cases of returns and refunds, we will refund the relevant sales-based fee.
This message means the store is outside of business hours.
Clients can either schedule an appointment for a later time or leave a message.
You can change the store business hours on the Admin UI under Calendar and then Business Hours.
This message means no host has answered the call. It can happen in one of the following cases:
- No host has set her/his status to Available
- All your available hosts are busy on other calls
- None of the available hosts has answered the incoming call (they might have been busy doing something else and missed the call)
Clients can try again, schedule an appointment for a later time, or leave a message.
You can set the host availability status in the Host Homepage.
When the client initiates a video-call her information is available to the host in the following cases:
- The client was logged in to your online store - Boutiq Will automatically present the client profile to the host
- The client provided her name and email address when initiating the video call
- The client provided her name verbally during the call and the host searched and found her using Boutiq Client Search
In all of these cases, the client’s information will be available for the host to follow-up in case the call was disconnected.
If you chose the option to install the Boutiq widget on your storefront automatically, it is possible that another element on your storefront would overlap with the Boutiq widget. In this case you have the following options:
- Move the Boutiq widget by adjusting the Position under Client Experience / Online Store Settings.
- Change the Boutiq online store setting to “Manual” and add the Boutiq element to your theme by manually inserting the code.
- Edit your theme and move the existing element